WARNING: This product is for research use only, not for human or veterinary use.
MedKoo CAT#: 202340
Description: PX-12 is an irreversible inhibitor of Trx-1 currently in clinical development as an antitumor agent. The research results suggest that the lowering of elevated levels of plasma Trx-1 in cancer patients may provide a surrogate for the inhibition of tumor Trx-1 by PX-12. Furthermore, PX-12 decreases plasma VEGF levels which may contribute to the antitumor activity of PX-12.
MedKoo Cat#: 202340
Chemical Formula: C7H12N2S2
Exact Mass: 188.04419
Molecular Weight: 188.31
Elemental Analysis: C, 44.65; H, 6.42; N, 14.88; S, 34.05
Synonym: PX12; PX 12; PX-12.
IUPAC/Chemical Name: 2-(sec-butyldisulfanyl)-1H-imidazole.
InChi Key: BPBPYQWMFCTCNG-UHFFFAOYSA-N
InChi Code: InChI=1S/C7H12N2S2/c1-3-6(2)10-11-7-8-4-5-9-7/h4-6H,3H2,1-2H3,(H,8,9)
SMILES Code: CCC(SSC1=NC=CN1)C
Appearance: Solid powder
Purity: >95% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO, not soluble in water.
Shelf Life: >5 years if stored properly
Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).
HS Tariff Code: 2934.99.9001
The following data is based on the product molecular weight 188.31 Batch specific molecular weights may vary from batch to batch due to the degree of hydration, which will affect the solvent volumes required to prepare stock solutions.
|Concentration / Solvent Volume / Mass||1 mg||5 mg||10 mg|
|1 mM||1.15 mL||5.76 mL||11.51 mL|
|5 mM||0.23 mL||1.15 mL||2.3 mL|
|10 mM||0.12 mL||0.58 mL||1.15 mL|
|50 mM||0.02 mL||0.12 mL||0.23 mL|
1. Dal Piaz, F.; Braca, A.; Belisario, M. A.; De Tommasi, N. Thioredoxin system modulation by plant and fungal secondary metabolites. Current Medicinal Chemistry (2010), 17(5), 479-494. CODEN: CMCHE7 ISSN:0929-8673. CAN 152:396831 AN 2010:258754
2. Rickles, Richard; Lee, Margaret S. -Adrenergic receptor agonists for the treatment of B-cell proliferative disorders. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 111 pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009151569 A2 20091217 CAN 152:67621 AN 2009:1566750
3. Witczak, Zbigniew J. 1,5-C-Thio-sugars as selective inhibitors of thioredoxins. Abstracts of Papers, 238th ACS National Meeting, Washington, DC, United States, August 16-20, 2009 (2009), CARB-128. CODEN: 69LVCL AN 2009:980954
4. Kirkpatrick, Lynn. Compositions and methods for using asymmetric disulfides for treating cancer. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 39 pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009082686 A1 20090702 CAN 151:93997 AN 2009:799277
5. Rickles, Richard; Lee, Margaret S. Use of adenosine A2A receptor agonists and phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitors for the treatment of B-cell proliferative disorders, and combinations with other agents. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 70 pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009011893 A2 20090122 CAN 150:160095 AN 2009:86451
6. Rickles, Richard; Pierce, Laura; Lee, Margaret S. Combinations for the treatment of B-cell proliferative disorders. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 79pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009011897 A1 20090122 CAN 150:160094 AN 2009:83374
7. Huber, Kelly; Patel, Poulam; Zhang, Lei; Evans, Helen; Westwell, Andrew D.; Fischer, Peter M.; Chan, Stephen; Martin, Stewart. 2-[(1-Methylpropyl)dithio]-1H-imidazole inhibits tubulin polymerization through cysteine oxidation. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics (2008), 7(1), 143-151. CODEN: MCTOCF ISSN:1535-7163. CAN 148:322142 AN 2008:64825
8. Ramanathan, Ramesh K.; Kirkpatrick, D. Lynn; Belani, Chandra P.; Friedland, David; Green, Sylvan B.; Chow, H-H. Sherry; Cordova, Catherine A.; Stratton, Steven P.; Sharlow, Elizabeth R.; Baker, Amanda; Dragovich, Tomislav. A Phase I Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Study of PX-12, a Novel Inhibitor of Thioredoxin-1, in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors. Clinical Cancer Research (2007), 13(7), 2109-2114. CODEN: CCREF4 ISSN:1078-0432. CAN 147:314431 AN 2007:369854
9. Galmarini, Carlos M. Drug evaluation: the thioredoxin inhibitor PX-12 in the treatment of cancer. Current Opinion in Investigational Drugs (Thomson Scientific) (2006), 7(12), 1108-1115. CODEN: COIDAZ ISSN:1472-4472. CAN 146:219923 AN 2007:71951
10. Kirkpatrick, Lynn; Pestano, Linda Anne. Determination of HIF-1 inhibitor treatment response. U.S. Pat. Appl. Publ. (2006), 28 pp., Cont.-in-part of U.S. Ser. No. 929,156. CODEN: USXXCO US 2006275836 A1 20061207 CAN 146:20274 AN 2006:1286049