WARNING: This product is for research use only, not for human or veterinary use.
MedKoo CAT#: 202100
Description: OSI-930 is a selective thiophene-derived tyrosine kinase inhibitor with potential antineoplastic activity. Tyrosine kinase inhibitor OSI-930 inhibits stem cell factor receptor (c-Kit) and the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2), which may result in the inhibition of both tumor cell proliferation and tumor angiogenesis. Both c-Kit and VEGFR2 are overexpressed in a variety of cancers. Check for active clinical trials or closed clinical trials using this agent. (NCI Thesaurus).
MedKoo Cat#: 202100
Chemical Formula: C22H16F3N3O2S
Exact Mass: 443.09153
Molecular Weight: 443.44
Elemental Analysis: C, 59.59; H, 3.64; F, 12.85; N, 9.48; O, 7.22; S, 7.23
Synonym: OSI-930; OSI 930; OSI930.
IUPAC/Chemical Name: 3-((quinolin-4-ylmethyl)amino)-N-(4-(trifluoromethoxy)phenyl)thiophene-2-carboxamide
InChi Key: FGTCROZDHDSNIO-UHFFFAOYSA-N
InChi Code: InChI=1S/C22H16F3N3O2S/c23-22(24,25)30-16-7-5-15(6-8-16)28-21(29)20-19(10-12-31-20)27-13-14-9-11-26-18-4-2-1-3-17(14)18/h1-12,27H,13H2,(H,28,29)
SMILES Code: O=C(C1=C(NCC2=CC=NC3=CC=CC=C23)C=CS1)NC4=CC=C(OC(F)(F)F)C=C4
Appearance: Solid powder
Purity: >98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO, not in water
Shelf Life: >5 years if stored properly
Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).
HS Tariff Code: 2934.99.9001
The following data is based on the product molecular weight 443.44 Batch specific molecular weights may vary from batch to batch due to the degree of hydration, which will affect the solvent volumes required to prepare stock solutions.
|Concentration / Solvent Volume / Mass||1 mg||5 mg||10 mg|
|1 mM||1.15 mL||5.76 mL||11.51 mL|
|5 mM||0.23 mL||1.15 mL||2.3 mL|
|10 mM||0.12 mL||0.58 mL||1.15 mL|
|50 mM||0.02 mL||0.12 mL||0.23 mL|
1. Dihel, Larry; Kittleson, Christine; Mulvihill, Kristen; Johnson, William W. Oxidative metabolism of the trifluoromethoxy moiety of OSI-930. Drug Metabolism and Drug Interactions (2009), 24(2-4), 95-121. CODEN: DMDIEQ ISSN:0792-5077. AN 2010:437994
2. Gruber, Harry E.; Jolly, Douglas; Perez, Omar. Recombinant replication-competent retroviral vectors expressing therapeutic products for treatment of proliferative disorders. PCT Int. Appl. (2010), 194pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2010036986 A2 20100401 CAN 152:423197 AN 2010:402977
3. Patel, Jay; Korlipara, Vijaya L. Design, synthesis, and evaluation of OSI-930 analogs as dual c-Kit and KDR (VEGFR-2) tyrosine kinase inhibitors. Abstracts of Papers, 238th ACS National Meeting, Washington, DC, United States, August 16-20, 2009 (2009), MEDI-144. CODEN: 69LVCL AN 2009:984314
4. Steinberg, Joyce L.; Gupta, Neeraj; Pradhan, Rajendra S.; Enschede, Sari H.; Humerickhouse, Rod A. Pharmaceutical dosage form for oral administration of tyrosine kinase inhibitor. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 38pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009100176 A2 20090813 CAN 151:253972 AN 2009:976624
5. Bosch Genover, Jaime; Fernandez Lobato, Mercedes. Treatment of portal hypertension and related conditions by combined inhibition of the VEGF and PDGF signaling pathways. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 30pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009092442 A1 20090730 CAN 151:212495 AN 2009:918301
6. Garton, Andrew J.; Franklin, Maryland. Combined treatment with an EGFR kinase inhibitor and an inhibitor of c-kit. U.S. Pat. Appl. Publ. (2009), 40 pp. CODEN: USXXCO US 2009136517 A1 20090528 CAN 151:1315 AN 2009:652406
7. Haley, John; Thomson, Stuart. Biological markers predictive of anti-cancer response to kinase inhibitors. PCT Int. Appl. (2008), 106pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2008127719 A1 20081023 CAN 149:486833 AN 2008:1281025
8. Bradner, James Elliot; Shen, John Paul; Perlstein, Ethan Oren; Rubinsztein, David; Sarkar, Sovan; Schreiber, Stuart L. Modulators for regulating autophagy, and therapeutic uses and combinations. PCT Int. Appl. (2008), 159pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2008122038 A1 20081009 CAN 149:440403 AN 2008:1211287
9. Medower, Christine; Wen, Lian; Johnson, William W. Cytochrome P450 Oxidation of the Thiophene-Containing Anticancer Drug 3-[(Quinolin-4-ylmethyl)-amino]-thiophene-2-carboxylic Acid (4-Trifluoromethoxy-phenyl)-amide to an Electrophilic Intermediate. Chemical Research in Toxicology (2008), 21(8), 1570-1577. CODEN: CRTOEC ISSN:0893-228X. CAN 149:298699 AN 2008:932957
10. Tiollier, Jerome; Sicard, Helene; Bonnafous, Cecile. Improved methods of using phosphoantigen for the treatment of cancer. PCT Int. Appl. (2008), 107pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2008059052 A1 20080522 CAN 148:577360 AN 2008:614166
0080515 CAN 148:546116 AN 2008:586637
OSI-930 is a novel inhibitor of the receptor tyrosine kinases Kit and kinase insert domain receptor (KDR), which is currently being evaluated in clinical studies. OSI-930 selectively inhibits Kit and KDR with similar potency in intact cells and also inhibits these targets in vivo following oral dosing.