WARNING: This product is for research use only, not for human or veterinary use.
MedKoo CAT#: 201670
Description: KRX-0402 (O6-benzyl guanine or O6-BG) is a small molecule that was specifically designed to block the DNA repair protein, MGMT. MGMT confers resistance to certain alkylating agents, such as temozolomide and BCNU, that are commonly used to treat brain cancer, melanoma and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Recent research has shown that KRX-0402 can also potentiate the activity of other alkylating agents, such as cyclophosphamide, ifosphamide, cisplatinum and carboplatinum. These drugs are some of the most widely used chemotherapy drugs and are commonly used to treat breast cancer, non-small cell lung cancer and ovarian cancer. Accordingly, It is believed that KRX-0402 may have an important role in making cells more susceptible to the damaging effects of alkylating agents, and that KRX-0402 may have utility in the treatment of multiple forms of cancer. KRX-0402 is administered intravenously. To date, approximately 400 patients have received KRX-0402 in multiple clinical studies. Dose limiting toxicity for KRX-0402 in combination with chemotherapy was bone marrow suppression. KRX-0402 alone has no identified dose limiting toxicity. Two company-sponsored, Phase II clinical trials for KRX-0402 are ongoing.
MedKoo Cat#: 201670
Chemical Formula: C12H11N5O
Exact Mass: 241.09636
Molecular Weight: 241.25
Elemental Analysis: C, 59.74; H, 4.60; N, 29.03; O, 6.63
Synonym: KRX-0402; KRX 0402; KRX0402.
IUPAC/Chemical Name: 6-(benzyloxy)-7H-purin-2-amine
InChi Key: KRWMERLEINMZFT-UHFFFAOYSA-N
InChi Code: InChI=1S/C12H11N5O/c13-12-16-10-9(14-7-15-10)11(17-12)18-6-8-4-2-1-3-5-8/h1-5,7H,6H2,(H3,13,14,15,16,17)
SMILES Code: NC1=NC(OCC2=CC=CC=C2)=C3NC=NC3=N1
Appearance: Solid powder
Purity: >98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO, not soluble in water.
Shelf Life: >5 years if stored properly
Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).
HS Tariff Code: 2934.99.9001
The following data is based on the product molecular weight 241.25 Batch specific molecular weights may vary from batch to batch due to the degree of hydration, which will affect the solvent volumes required to prepare stock solutions.
|Concentration / Solvent Volume / Mass||1 mg||5 mg||10 mg|
|1 mM||1.15 mL||5.76 mL||11.51 mL|
|5 mM||0.23 mL||1.15 mL||2.3 mL|
|10 mM||0.12 mL||0.58 mL||1.15 mL|
|50 mM||0.02 mL||0.12 mL||0.23 mL|
1. Wang, Yaolin; Wang, Yan; Liu, Ming; Bishop, Walter Robert; Seidel-Dugan, Cynthia. Anti-IGF-1 receptor antibody combined with chemotherapeutic agent, antitumor agent, radiotherapy or surgery for treating or preventing colorectal cancer. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 52pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009142810 A2 20091126 CAN 151:569615 AN 2009:1470605
2. Wang, Yaolin; Wang, Yan; Lu, Brian Der-Hua; Liu, Ming; Seidel-Dugan, Cynthia; Yao, Siu-Long. Sequential administration of chemotherapeutic agents and anti-(insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor) for treatment of cancer. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 104 pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009137378 A2 20091112 CAN 151:521177 AN 2009:1395230
3. Wang, Yan; Wang, Yaolin; Levitan, Diane; Seidel-Dugan, Cynthia; Liu, Ming; Ding, Wei. Gene expression biomarkers for detecting IGF1R inhibitor-resistant or -sensitive cancers and uses in anti-IGF1R antibody combination chemotherapy. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 165pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009079587 A2 20090625 CAN 151:116583 AN 2009:769153
4. Ramachandra, Sumant; Bishop, Robert Walter; Masat, Linda; Huang, Chao Bai; Takeuchi, Toshihiko; Kantak, Seema. Human anti-VEGF antibodies and conjugates for treatment of angiogenesis conditions. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 195pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009055343 A2 20090430 CAN 150:492909 AN 2009:519479
5. Rickles, Richard; Lee, Margaret S. Use of adenosine A2A receptor agonists and phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitors for the treatment of B-cell proliferative disorders, and combinations with other agents. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 70 pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009011893 A2 20090122 CAN 150:160095 AN 2009:86451
6. Rickles, Richard; Pierce, Laura; Lee, Margaret S. Combinations for the treatment of B-cell proliferative disorders. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 79pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009011897 A1 20090122 CAN 150:160094 AN 2009:83374
7. Wang, Yan; Pachter, Jonathan A.; Hailey, Judith Anne; Brams, Peter; Williams, Denise; Srinivasan, Mohan; Feingersh, Mary Diane. Anti-insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor therapy. PCT Int. Appl. (2009), 129pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2009005673 A1 20090108 CAN 150:119716 AN 2009:25215
8. Wang, Yan; Zong, Chen; Seidel-Dugan, Cynthia; Wang, Yaolin; Yao, Siu-Long; Lu, Brian Der-Hua; Ladha, Mohamed H. Methods of treating cancer using IGF1R inhibitors. PCT Int. Appl. (2008), 103pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2008076278 A2 20080626 CAN 149:102715 AN 2008:771165
9. Wang, Yan. Blood levels of insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 2 as a marker for monitoring the effectiveness of inhibitors of insulin-like growth factor I receptors in cancer therapy. PCT Int. Appl. (2008), 133pp. CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 2008005469 A2 20080110 CAN 148:135980 AN 2008:43490