WARNING: This product is for research use only, not for human or veterinary use.
MedKoo CAT#: 205891
CAS#: 66592-89-0 (HCl)
Description: Kevetrin ( thioureidobutyronitrile), is a water-soluble, small molecule and activator of the tumor suppressor protein p53, with potential antineoplastic activity. Upon intravenous administration, thioureidobutyronitrile activates p53 which in turn induces the expressions of p21 and PUMA (p53 up-regulated modulator of apoptosis), thereby inhibiting cancer cell growth and causing tumor cell apoptosis. Thioureidobutyronitrile may be effective in drug-resistant cancers with mutated p53. p53 tumor suppressor, a transcription factor regulating the expression of many stress response genes and mediating various anti-proliferative processes, is often mutated in cancer cells. ).
MedKoo Cat#: 205891
Name: Kevetrin HCl
CAS#: 66592-89-0 (HCl)
Chemical Formula: C5H10ClN3S
Molecular Weight: 179.67
Elemental Analysis: C, 33.43; H, 5.61; Cl, 19.73; N, 23.39; S, 17.84
Related CAS #: 66592-89-0 (HCl) 500863-50-3 (free base)
Synonym: Kevetrin; thioureidobutyronitrile; thioureido butyronitrile
IUPAC/Chemical Name: 3-cyanopropyl carbamimidothioate hydrochloride
InChi Key: NCXJZJFDQMKRKM-UHFFFAOYSA-N
InChi Code: InChI=1S/C5H9N3S.ClH/c6-3-1-2-4-9-5(7)8;/h1-2,4H2,(H3,7,8);1H
SMILES Code: NC(SCCCC#N)=N.[H]Cl
Appearance: white solid powder
Purity: >98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO, not in water
Shelf Life: >2 years if stored properly
Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).
HS Tariff Code: 2934.99.9001
The following data is based on the product molecular weight 179.67 Batch specific molecular weights may vary from batch to batch due to the degree of hydration, which will affect the solvent volumes required to prepare stock solutions.
|Concentration / Solvent Volume / Mass||1 mg||5 mg||10 mg|
|1 mM||1.15 mL||5.76 mL||11.51 mL|
|5 mM||0.23 mL||1.15 mL||2.3 mL|
|10 mM||0.12 mL||0.58 mL||1.15 mL|
|50 mM||0.02 mL||0.12 mL||0.23 mL|
1. Nitrile derivatives and their pharmaceutical use and compositions By Menon, Krishna From U.S. Pat. Appl. Publ. (2012), US 20120189537 A1 20120726.
2. Nitrile derivatives and their pharmaceutical use and compositions By Menon, Krishna From PCT Int. Appl. (2010), WO 2010135170 A2 20101125.
3. Preparation of 4-isothioureido butyronitrile hydrochloride derivatives for treatment of cancer By He, Lan; Pan, Xuan From Faming Zhuanli Shenqing (2009), CN 101550098 A 20091007.
4. Preparation of protein conjugates via intermolecular disulfide bond formation By King, Te Piao; Li, Yen; Kochoumian, Loucia From Biochemistry (1978), 17(8), 1499-506.
5. Preparation of some amino sulfonamides By Miller, Ellis; Sprague, James M.; Kissinger, L. W.; McBurney, Lane F. From Journal of the American Chemical Society (1940), 62, 2099-102.
Kevetrin is currently being developed by Cellceutix, who reported a recent study on KevetrinÂ™. The results show that Kevetrin has potent antitumor activity in several wild type and mutant p53 human tumor xenografts e.g. A549, PC-3, MDA-MB-231, HT-29, NCI-H1975, HCT-15, K-562, LNCaP. Kevetrin is non-genotoxic. DNA damaging drugs result in rapid phosphorylation of H2A.X at Ser 139 by PI3K-like kinases; however, Kevetrin did not induce phosphorylation of H2A.X. Since Kevetrin was well-tolerated in GLP safety pharmacology and toxicity studies. (source: http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/cgi/content/short/72/8_MeetingAbstracts/2874?rss=1).