WARNING: This product is for research use only, not for human or veterinary use.
MedKoo CAT#: 576084
Description: Vilanterol is an ultra-long acting β2-adrenoceptor agonist (ultra-LABA).
MedKoo Cat#: 576084
Chemical Formula: C24H33Cl2NO5
Exact Mass: 485.1736
Molecular Weight: 486.43
Elemental Analysis: C, 59.26; H, 6.84; Cl, 14.58; N, 2.88; O, 16.45
Synonym: GW 642444; GW642444; GW-642444; Vilanterol
IUPAC/Chemical Name: (R)-4-(2-((6-(2-((2,6-dichlorobenzyl)oxy)ethoxy)hexyl)amino)-1-hydroxyethyl)-2-(hydroxymethyl)phenol
InChi Key: DAFYYTQWSAWIGS-DEOSSOPVSA-N
InChi Code: InChI=1S/C24H33Cl2NO5/c25-21-6-5-7-22(26)20(21)17-32-13-12-31-11-4-2-1-3-10-27-15-24(30)18-8-9-23(29)19(14-18)16-28/h5-9,14,24,27-30H,1-4,10-13,15-17H2/t24-/m0/s1
SMILES Code: ClC1=C(COCCOCCCCCCNC[C@H](O)C2=CC=C(O)C(CO)=C2)C(Cl)=CC=C1
Appearance: A solution in ethanol
Purity: >98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO, DMF, Ethanol
Shelf Life: >2 years if stored properly
Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).
HS Tariff Code: 2934.99.9001
The following data is based on the product molecular weight 486.43 Batch specific molecular weights may vary from batch to batch due to the degree of hydration, which will affect the solvent volumes required to prepare stock solutions.
|Concentration / Solvent Volume / Mass||1 mg||5 mg||10 mg|
|1 mM||1.15 mL||5.76 mL||11.51 mL|
|5 mM||0.23 mL||1.15 mL||2.3 mL|
|10 mM||0.12 mL||0.58 mL||1.15 mL|
|50 mM||0.02 mL||0.12 mL||0.23 mL|
1. Cazzola, M., Calzetta, L., and Matera, M.G. β2-adrenoceptor agonists: Current and future direction. Br. J. Pharmacol. 163(1), 4-17 (2011).
2. Mach, R.H., Nader, M.A., Ehrenkaufer, R.L., et al. Comparison of two fluorine-18 labeled benzamide derivatives that bind reversibly to dopamine D2 receptors: In vitro binding studies and positron emission tomography. Synapse 24(4), 322-333 (1996).
3. Procopiou, P.A., Barrett, V.J., Bevan, N.J., et al. Synthesis and structure-activity relationships of long-acting beta2 adrenergic receptor agonists incorporating metabolic inactivation: An antedrug approach. J. Med. Chem. 53(11), 4522-4530 (2010).
4. De Coster, D.A., and Jones, M. Tailoring of corticosteroids in COPD management. Curr.Respir.Care Rep. 3, 121-132 (2014).
5. Cohen, J.S., Miles, M.C., Donohue, J.F., et al. Dual therapy strategies for COPD: The scientific rationale for LAMA + LABA. Int. J. Chron. Obstruct. Pulmon. Dis. 11, 785-797 (2016).