WARNING: This product is for research use only, not for human or veterinary use.
MedKoo CAT#: 574127
Description: Oroxylin A is a flavonoid that inhibits decreases in cell viability and increases in nitric oxide (NO) production induced by polyinosinic-polycytidylic acid (poly(I:C)) macrophages. Oroxylin A also inhibits poly(I:C)-induced increases in IL-1α, IL-1β, GM-CSF, IL-6, IL-10, monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1), and TNF-α production. Oroxylin A inhibits hypoxia-induced migration and invasion of MCF-7, DU145, and HepG2 cells in wound healing and cell invasion assays, respectively. It is an inhibitor of the UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT) isoform UGT1A1and P-glycoprotein. Oroxylin A increases the cytotoxicity of the P-glycoprotein substrate paraquat in MDR1-MDCKII cells and paclitaxel.
MedKoo Cat#: 574127
Name: Oroxylin A
Chemical Formula: C16H12O5
Exact Mass: 284.0685
Molecular Weight: 284.27
Elemental Analysis: C, 67.60; H, 4.26; O, 28.14
Synonym: Oroxylin A
IUPAC/Chemical Name: 5,7-dihydroxy-6-methoxy-2-phenyl-4H-1-benzopyran-4-one
InChi Key: LKOJGSWUMISDOF-UHFFFAOYSA-N
InChi Code: InChI=1S/C16H12O5/c1-20-16-11(18)8-13-14(15(16)19)10(17)7-12(21-13)9-5-3-2-4-6-9/h2-8,18-19H,1H3
SMILES Code: O=C1C2=C(O)C(OC)=C(O)C=C2OC(C3=CC=CC=C3)=C1
Appearance: Solid powder
Purity: >98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO
Shelf Life: >3 years if stored properly
Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).
HS Tariff Code: 2934.99.9001
The following data is based on the product molecular weight 284.27 Batch specific molecular weights may vary from batch to batch due to the degree of hydration, which will affect the solvent volumes required to prepare stock solutions.
|Concentration / Solvent Volume / Mass||1 mg||5 mg||10 mg|
|1 mM||1.15 mL||5.76 mL||11.51 mL|
|5 mM||0.23 mL||1.15 mL||2.3 mL|
|10 mM||0.12 mL||0.58 mL||1.15 mL|
|50 mM||0.02 mL||0.12 mL||0.23 mL|
1. Lu, L., Guo, Q., and Zhao, L. Overview of oroxylin A: A promising flavonoid compound. Phytother. Res. 30(11), 1765-1774 (2016).
2. Lee, J.Y., and Park, W. Anti-inflammatory effects of oroxylin A on RAW 264.7 mouse macrophages induced with polyinosinic-polycytidylic acid. Exp. Ther. Med. 12(1), 151-156 (2016).
3. Cheng, Y., Zhao, K., Li, G., et al. Oroxylin A inhibits hypoxia-induced invasion and migration of MCF-7 cells by suppressing the Notch pathway. Anticancer Drugs 25(7), 778-789 (2014).
4. Liu, X.Y., Lv, X., Wang, P., et al. Inhibition of UGT1A1 by natural and synthetic flavonoids. Int. J. Biol. Macromol. 126, 653-661 (2019).
5. Bai, J., Zhao, S., Fan, X., et al. Inhibitory effects of flavonoids on P-glycoprotein in vitro and in vivo: Food/herb-drug interactions and structure-activity relationships. Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol. 369, 49-59 (2019).