WARNING: This product is for research use only, not for human or veterinary use.
MedKoo CAT#: 471028
Description: Daphnoretin, also know as NSC291852, is an active constituent of Wikstroemia indica C. A. Meys which possesses anti-cancer activity. Inhibitory effect on mitosis. Daphnoretin also reduces proliferation, invasion, and migration of HCT116 colon cancer cells in a concentration-dependent manner
MedKoo Cat#: 471028
Chemical Formula: C19H12O7
Exact Mass: 352.0583
Molecular Weight: 352.298
Elemental Analysis: C, 64.78; H, 3.43; O, 31.79
Synonym: Daphnoretin, NSC 291852, NSC291852, NSC-291852, BRN 1299325, BRN1299325, BRN-1299325
IUPAC/Chemical Name: 7-hydroxy-6-methoxy-3-((2-oxo-2H-chromen-7-yl)oxy)-2H-chromen-2-one
InChi Key: JRHMMVBOTXEHGJ-UHFFFAOYSA-N
InChi Code: InChI=1S/C19H12O7/c1-23-16-6-11-7-17(19(22)26-15(11)9-13(16)20)24-12-4-2-10-3-5-18(21)25-14(10)8-12/h2-9,20H,1H3
SMILES Code: O=C1OC2=C(C=C1)C=CC(OC3=CC4=C(OC3=O)C=C(C(OC)=C4)O)=C2
Appearance: Solid powder
Purity: >98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)
Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.
Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).
Solubility: Soluble in DMSO
Shelf Life: >3 years if stored properly
Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO
Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months).
HS Tariff Code: 2934.99.9001
The following data is based on the product molecular weight 352.298 Batch specific molecular weights may vary from batch to batch due to the degree of hydration, which will affect the solvent volumes required to prepare stock solutions.
|Concentration / Solvent Volume / Mass||1 mg||5 mg||10 mg|
|1 mM||1.15 mL||5.76 mL||11.51 mL|
|5 mM||0.23 mL||1.15 mL||2.3 mL|
|10 mM||0.12 mL||0.58 mL||1.15 mL|
|50 mM||0.02 mL||0.12 mL||0.23 mL|
1. Feng, N.K.O., Chang, Y.L., Kuo, Y.H., et al. Daphnoretin, a new protein kinase C activator isolated from Wikstroemia indica C.A. Mey Biochem J. 295(Pt 1), 321-327 (1993).
2. Ho, W.-S., Xue, J.-Y., Sun, S.S.M., et al. Antiviral activity of daphnoretin isolated from Wikstroemia indica Phytother. Res. 24(5), 657-661 (2010).
3. Gu, S., and He, J. Daphnoretin induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in human osteosarcoma (HOS) cells Molecules 17(1), 598-612 (2012).
4. Yu, S., Guo, H., Gao, X., et al. Daphnoretin: An invasion inhibitor and apoptosis accelerator for colon cancer cells by regulating the Akt signal pathway Biomed. Pharmacother. 111, 1013-1021 (2019).
5. Chen, C., et al.: Int. Immunopharmacol., 51, 25-30 (2017); Yan, Z., et al.: Acta Physiol. Plant., 38, 1-10 (2016)